Line Reducing treatments reduce the appearance of wrinkles by paralyzing underlying facial muscles. It successfully treats a wide variety of medical conditions.
- treatment aftercare
- Keep the skin cool
- Apply soothing product
- Avoid heat
- Avoid sun
- Use SPF
- Don’t wax/pluck the hair
- TREATMENT RESULTS
Line reducing injections usually begin working 1 to 3 days after treatment, though it can take a week or more to see full results. Not all people have visible results or relief from symptoms. Depending on the problem being treated, the effect may last 3 to 4 months
- TREATMENT RESTRICTIONS
- Pre-existing medical conditions that cause muscle weakness, including motor neurone disease (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) and myasthenia gravis
- Infection overlying the injection site
- Previous allergic or hypersensitive reactions to botulinum-A.
- Botulinum-A should also be avoided during pregnancy and while breastfeeding.
- Certain medications that enhance the effects botulinum-A should be avoided. These medications include tetracycline antibiotics and aminoglycoside antibiotics.
- Blood thinners — including aspirin, warfarin and dabigatran — increase the risk of significant bruising from injection sites.
- TREATMENT TIPS
- Protect Your Skin From UVA and UVB Rays
- Workout in Moderation
- Use Collagen-Boosting and Antioxidant Skin-Care Ingredients
- Avoid Cheap OTC Skin Products
- Slather on the Moisturizer
- Eat Well and Stay Hydrated
- Zinc Supplements
- Don’t Smoke
Here at Emma Hart Aesthetics we offer a wide range of anti-ageing treatments from skin treatments to dermal fillers, which are a quick and convenient way to smooth out those lines and provide a youthful glow to the skin.
Keeping your face smooth and supple is no easy task. Lines and wrinkles form as the ageing process leaves our skin lacking elasticity and collagen, along with sun damage.
Line reducing injections use a toxin to prevent a muscle from moving for a limited time. These shots are often used to smooth wrinkles on the face. They’re also used to treat neck spasms, sweating, overactive bladder, lazy eye and other conditions. The toxin used in these injections also may help prevent migraine.
The medicine in Botox injections is made from the same toxin that causes a type of food poisoning called botulism. But the forms of purified botulinum toxin used by licensed health care providers meet medical control standards. These standards were approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. As a rule, the bacteria toxins used for medical purposes are not harmful if used correctly.
How much is it?
“Excellent service… Emma was very professional and approachable, took time to listen to my problem, but not pushy to go for any treatments would Highly recommend !!”
Have a question?
It can take about 2-14 days to see the full effects after the initial treatment. The cosmetic effects can last up to six months but typically range from three to four months. Eventually most people require re treatment as the wrinkles reappear.
However in some treated areas (such as frown wrinkles), the wrinkles may return less severe after repeated treatments as the unconscious muscle contraction habit is broken. We offer all our patients a free two week follow up appointment to assess the effect of treatment and administer any top up treatments if necessary.
Most people find that the injections cause only mild local pain and tenderness. Immediately after the injection there may be mild swelling at the injection site which usually subsides within 48 hours. Slight bruising is also possible. Side effects of these treatments are extremely rare. Occasionally, the treatment may relax nearby muscle groups causing temporary drooping of the eyebrow or eyelids. This may last for a few weeks but will resolve with time. As with any medicine an allergic reaction may occur, this is however quite rare. Conversely there may be some unintended benefits in some people such as easing of tension type headaches as the muscles in the forehead relax.
Botox has been used for over 20 years and does not appear to cause any negative long-term effects. Once administered, Botox typically leaves the body within 3-4 days, although, as with any medical procedure, it is important to seek advice from a qualified professional beforehand.
Line reducing injections are relatively painless as the injections are performed using a very fine needle. Patients therefore and do not require any anaesthesia. The full treatment takes about 15-20 minutes to perform and you are able to drive and go to work the same day.
When the effect of the Botox injection wears off the wrinkles will always return to their pre-treatment state. Treatments can be repeated at a minimum of three monthly intervals, but the effects may last longer for some individuals, especially if they have had previous treatments to the same area.
Botox treatments are designed to smooth dynamic wrinkles in the forehead and around eyes, they do not affect your facial expression. The final result can be tailored to each patient and can be discussed at the initial free consultation.
- Avoid laying down/sleeping or tipping head forward for 4 hours post treatment
- Avoid rubbing or touching the injected areas and avoid having facials and massage for 48 hours this is to ensure that the treatment remains at the site of injection.
- Avoid vigorous exercise and alcohol-based products on the area treated for 48 hours.
- If bruising develops the you can apply Arnica cream
- Paracetamol can be taken for mild pain post procedure